The night of Al-Qadr is better than a thousand months i.e., worshipping Allah in this night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months! Glory is to Allah, the bounds of Allah’s favour & grace upon the Ummah of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) have exceeded.
The total age of a human according to the saying of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is between 60 & 70 years. The total days/nights of which is 70 x 365 = 25,500. But, if a person worships Allah on only one night of Qadr from his total life of 25,500 nights, he will not get the reward of 70 years but, the reward of worshipping for more than 83 years & 4 months! So in a way, the reward of worship during only one night of Qadr exceeds 30 thousand nights, which is more than his total age!
If a person is fortunate & discovers the night every year of his life, he will achieve a reward that is more than 30,000 x 63 = 1,890,000 nights. This is equivalent to the worship of more than 5,178 years! Just estimate from this that how much more a person will get than his age. This is not impossible for Allah. If this is not exceeding the bounds of Allah’s favour & grace upon mankind then what is?
We should try to achieve this night, which remains from dusk to dawn, on every year of our life. It is such a boundless night that Allah revealed its magnificence from above the seven skies & said:
The meaning of which is that the greatness & excellence this night possesses are far beyond the understanding of the mankind.
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
- Verily, we have sent it (this Qur’an) down in the Night of Al-Qadr (Decree).*
- And what will make you know what the Night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?
- The Night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e., 83 years & 4 months).
- Therein descend the angels & the Ruh [Jibrail (Gabriel)] by Allah’s Permission with all the Decrees.
- (All the night), there is peace (& goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn.**
*"Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments." [The Qur’an, (Verse 44:4)] i.e., the matters of deaths, births, provisions, calamities, etc. for the whole (coming) year as decreed by Allah.
**Narrated ‘Aishah (RA): Allah’s Messenger Muhammad (SAW) said, "Search for the Night of Al-Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten nights of Ramadan." [Sahih Al-Bukhari, 3/2017 (O.P.234)].
[Credit goes to 'Mountains Of Good Deeds In A Few Minutes' by Abu Talha Muhammad Younus.]